Changes from Ego Draconis
Dragon Knight Saga was back-ported to players that purchased Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance The patch will offer players of both game versions with the same in-game experience.
Although it is a bundle of the two games in the series, Swen Vicke of Larian Studios considers it to be more than this, with changes being made to the Ego Draconis game based on the feedback from players.
Several of these changes include:
- Flying fortress levels are completely different
- Most anti-dragon zones (the red auras) have been removed
- In a lot of places enemy placement has been modified, especially in the latter parts of the game (e.g. Oroboras fjords)
- Loot balancing has been radically changed
- Difficulty spikes have been addressed
- Major graphical overhaul
- A variety of mechanic changes should make combat feel better (e.g. no homing missiles, level difference not that important anymore when dealing with enemies)
- A whole bunch of usability changes (which are also present in FOV)
Included in these changes is a remastered version of the games soundtrack by Kirill Pokrovsky.