The Helmet of Secrets is a piece of armor and quest item in Divinity II: Flames of Vengeance. This helm can be acquired by looting a chest that spawns after killing Theofolus in the (lower) northeast room of Champion Academy in the Source Square district of Aleroth.
The helmet provides no armor protection, and induces a strange, pulsating blur and color-modifying effect upon the wearer's vision. It should be worn only when needed to obtain the Academy's orbs during the quest To Find a Wizard.
- The Helmet of Secrets looks identical to the helm Doctor Needleman wore to prevent being mindread in Broken Valley Village.
- This item is not flagged as a quest item in-game.
The Helmet of Secrets proves useful six times in Champion Academy:
- Reveals a concealed area of the dormitory, containing a lever that spawns platforms to reach Blue Moon
- Atop the west side of the main staircase, reveals a ramp leading to Violet Blast
- In the study, reveals four pressure plates (use in order: SW-NW-SE-NE) that spawn Fire God
- In the hallway outside the chapel with the three colored torches, reveals levers that spawn White Snow
- Directly west from bottom of main staircase, reveals a passage behind a wall that leads to Moss Rat & Antediluvian Vault entrance
- Near large hole, reveals platforms that lead to Moss Rat