|Split (Reason: Should be a racial overview, game specifics should have their own page.)|
This page has been nominated to be split, if you feel this is incorrect, please discuss this on the articles talkpage.
“The lizards residing mostly in their long-lived and highly esteemed Ancient empire, are a proud (some say arrogant) race with an abundance of cultural and capital wealth. Competitive, practical and traditional, lizards pride themselves on excellence, from their bloodlines to their dress, to their goverment and to their god.
„—Modern Chronicles of Reapers´s Coast by Cranley Huwbert
Tall and lean with good constitution lizards spend most of their life time taking care of their bodies, carefully implementing a rigid sport and nutrition regime improving their physical and mental prowess bringing their person to its pinnacle. Their height ranges from 6 to nearly 7 feet and weight between 130 and 230 pounds. Lizards are cold-blooded and born from eggs. It should be noted however that any comparison to snakes, toads and turtles is regarded as a great offense and is met with swift retribution as lizards believe they are descended from Ancient dragons themselves.
Lizards mainly worship their creator Seven God Zorl-Stissa to whom they pay tribute with their feats be they from war or other area as Zorl-Stissa values perfection. Lizards also pay tribute to the Divine One since he is regarded as an Avatar of all of the Seven Gods .
Family is the primary unit in Ancient Empire and is mainly regarded as a means of continuing and preserving each of the progenitors lineage. This means that when comes the time for a lizard to choose a partner they mainly judge qualities as position, fitness, attractiveness, intelligence and dimplomacy. Love in Ancient Empire is mostly considered as a bonus.
This implies that any physical, mental or emotional handicap are considered as extremely shameful and some extremist parents would go so far as to murder their child than have their bloodline polluted with imperfection. The ideal of perfection begins with blood and extends to all of the family aspects as parents push their children to excell in all areas of life. Especially in sport, intelligence and social activities. Lizards are also highly competitive as there can be only one on top. This leads to high- profile or bloody rivalries which can get solved either by House of Law or House of War Thanks to the ideal of perfection the Ancient Empire has some of the finest athletes, warriors, scholars and artists across Rivellon but at the same time produces the highest number of exile and disinherited castaways.
- Goemoe - Lizard healer and Council of Seven representative in 1218 AD.
- Edmund general to the Dragon Commander in 8800 AR.
- The Red Prince
Original Sin 2
“To most, lizards are as exotic and mysterious as the Ancient Empire itself. The outside world knows them as warriors, philosophers and slavers, to be respected...and feared.„
Divinity Original Sin: The Board Game
In Divinity Original Sin: The Board Game you can play as Red Prince or Farzanah.
Divinity Fallen Heroes
- This description for lizard in creation tab is used in early access:
“Lizards of the Ancient Empire are cultured aristocrats - Source adepts who follow the rules of law. Outsiders see their society as elitist. Lizards see outsiders as servants.„
- Modern Chronicles of Reapers´s Coast by Cranley Huwbert, page 23 - Tall, lean and generally hearty, lizards expend much energy and expense on the care and improvement of their physical selves.
- Modern Chronicles of Reapers´s Coast by Cranley Huwbert, page 23 - Lizards are cold-blooded and born from eggs, though any comparison of themselves to lesser beings (such as common snakes or reptiles( will earn you swift retribution
- Modern Chronicles of Reapers´s Coast by Cranley Huwbert, page 25 - Their success rests on its framework on a solid foundation - the three legged stool formaed by three main power-houses: House of War, House of Law, and Dreams
- Modern Chronicles of Reapers´s Coast by Cranley Huwbert, page 27 - When it comes time for a lizard to choose a mate, qualities such as attractiveness, fitness, position, and diplomacy, are paramount. Willingness is considered a bonus.
- Modern Chronicles of Reapers´s Coast by Cranley Huwbert, page 27 - Physical, mental or emotional flaws are considered hugely shameful. Some parents will go so far as to murder a ‘strange’ child rather than have it poison their reputation and muddy the bloodline. The ideal of perfection may begin with blood, but it extends into every aspect of the lizard family. Parents push their children to excel physically, intellectually, and socially, and the cost of failure can be high.
- Modern Chronicles of Reapers´s Coast by Cranley Huwbert, page 27 - The competitive zeal within lizard society very often leads to high-profile, sometimes bloody rivalries, many of which end up resolved temporarily by the House of Law or permanently by the House of War.
- Modern Chronicles of Reapers´s Coast by Cranley Huwbert, page 27 - Thus, the Ancient Empire produces some of the finest athletes, warriors, scholars, and artists in the realm, while also producing an inordinate number of exiles and disinherited castaways.