|This infobox is incomplete, please help the wiki by filling it in.|
The inert stones are stones which wield great Source power, that can used for healing or harm. Additionally, as they are found by the Source Hunters, they will also activate to portals at the End of Time. They require time to recharge after each use and can be infused with blood or Source magic to activate them into either a blood or star state, respectively.
- A star stone is dropped by Evelyn in Theyron's Healing House once decision has been made to save either Boris or Steven. Alternatively, it can be stolen from Evelyn by pickpocketing her.
- Found at the scene of Councillor Jake's murder at the King Crab Inn in Cyseal.
- Found by the Waypoint Portal near the bridge that links Cyseal and Luculla Forest.
- Found in Pontius' Chest on his Ship
- Found in Braccus Rex's personal belongings chest in the northeast corner of the same room where hole is fought. Cannot be opened without the correct key, or an unlock scroll.
- Found during the Immaculate Trial in the last area of the dungeon after completing the final puzzle.
- Found in the hidden room at the end of Maradino’s Lab.
- Found at the beginning of the quest involving Mangoth. The type of stone depends on ones choices during dialogue with Mangoth.
- Found the totem in the Goblin Village is destroyed.
- Two are hidden in the cellar of the Immaculate church in Silverglen (accessible after meeting Loic at the end of the Immaculate trial).
- Found in Boreas' treasure vault.
- Found when the talking Iron Maiden in the Hiberheim prison is destroyed.
- Found when after opening the sarcophagus in the Knight's Tomb.
- Buried in the Source Temple near the broken Teleport Mirror found shortly after entering.
- Found in the Temple of the Dead above Cassandra's true corpse in the eye of the stone titan head.
- The amulet that Zandalor wears around his neck contains a star stone. Once the party gets close enough to him in the Source Temple it will activate.
- Blood stones are meant to activate automatically and turn into inert stones once found by the player. However, this doesn't always happen and it's sometimes possible to pick up the blood stone without it activating. This can cause confusion towards the end of the game when opening more portals at the End of Time and accessing the Source Temple require the activation of blood stones and possession of inert stones but this isn't communicated clearly in-game.