The Apprentice and the Stone is a quest available in Divinity: Original Sin.
- Enter the ward in Thelyron's Healing House, South of Cyseal Market, to initiate the quest.
- Evelyn, the apprentice healer, asks you to decide which one of her patients she should heal with her magic stone. She can only heal one of them while the other will die.
- Choose Steven, an older man with many grandchildren, for +1 Romantic.
- Choose Boris, a younger man with a knack for business, for +1 Pragmatic.
- If you wait too long to make a choice, both men will die and the quest will fail.
NOTE: If you had not explored the scene of the crime in A Mysterious Murder prior to this, you will be teleported to the End of Time after you make your choice. Otherwise, you will unlock one of the rooms in your Homestead.
- 600 XP from the quest
- 90 Exploration XP after Evelyn uses her stone
- +1 Romantic or +1 Pragmatic depending on whether you choose Steven or Boris.