The quest has different outcomes depending on what you choose to say.
- Stop the man from stealing the fish for +1 Righteous and +50 attitude with the fish vendor.
- Convince him to steal the fish for +1 Renegade and another choice.
- Tell the guard the thief paid for the fish for +1 Considerate.
- Tell the guard that he stole the fish for +1 Blunt.
- 180 XP no matter what option you choose
- + 1 Righteous or +1 Renegade depending on whether you prevent or allow the man to steal the fish
- + 1 Considerate or +1 Blunt depending on whether you help the thief or tell the truth to the guard, provided you first convinced him to steal the fish
- + 50 attitude with the fish vendor if you prevent the thief from stealing the fish